Sleepless Media is looking for sharp, professional Administrative Support Manager to join our team. Outside of general office administration duties, the right candidate will ideally act as our client-facing Support/Account Manager for incoming requests when it comes to client support, maintenance, small projects, etc.
Please note: This is an in-house position, we are not looking for an out-of-house contractor or remote staff member. We will be considering options for a full or part-time employee or a contract-basis to start.
Established in 2003, Sleepless Media is a boutique digital design agency based in Santa Cruz, California. With a heavy focus on customer experience, we specialize in brand strategy, web design, and development for outdoor/adventure, lifestyle, and technology brands on the Shopify and WordPress platforms.
About the Position:
As our administrative powerhouse, the ideal candidate would be based in the Santa Cruz area and be involved in a variety of much-needed tasks. This person should be comfortable working as a part of a small team that collaboratively handles strategy, design, development, and more.
Working closely with our Creative Director, designers, developer and project manager, you’ll also directly collaborate and support our clients. Whether it’s answering calls, greeting clients, correspondence for ongoing maintenance or providing estimates, you need to be a people person. Period. If smiles only adorn your face once in a while, this job most definitely isn’t for you. Verbal and written client communications in a swift, professional and unstuffy manner is absolutely critical.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualities:
- An explicit eye for detail and an obsessive mindset for organizing, scheduling and consistently executing. You have to love that stuff.
- Impeccable memory and skill retention, regularly learning new skills and techniques relating to the field.
- Excellent communication, note-taking, and typing skills.
- Setting and reinforcing both internal and external expectations, assisting in both our clients and our team happy and accountable.
- Assisting with daily/weekly/monthly tabs on budgets, timelines, and client needs.
- Assistance with accounts receivable, issuing invoices, etc.
- Answering phones without fail and fielding pre-sales calls.
- Ability to make, or learn to make, strong espresso drinks for every meeting.
- Keeping our office stocked, organized and tidy.
- The ability to independently complete projects without direction when required, and work efficiently.
- The drive to regularly look for creative ways to be more efficient and to improve communication to benefit our clients, the projects and the team.
- Experience or willingness to learn internal project management systems, onboarding projects and using the tools and data to evaluate and generate reports.
- Assistance with scoping, estimating, administrating, and orchestrating client requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Scheduling and monitoring regular client meetings.
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date on the latest trends, methods, and tools in web design and regularly consume blogs, books and articles related to managing projects of this nature. Yes, even on your own time.
- Ability to train clients on administration panels.
- You are excited to collaborate and experiment with new ideas and approaches to unique challenges.
- Good judgment and the ability to face difficult conversations head-on.
- A keen knack for making things happen.
- Design, development or programming knowledge or background.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch.app, etc.
- Experience working with a team in a fast-paced design studio or design department of a company.
- A basic understanding of SEO with motivation to become well-versed.
- Social Media Experience
Life at Sleepless:
- The rare opportunity to work right here in the heart of the Santa Cruz area.
- Walking distance to food, shopping, etc.
- Bike to the beach, if that’s your thing
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- 100% Paid health insurance benefits for salaried employees
- Retirement plan w/ employer match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and a week Christmas thru New Years off.
- Generous flexibility
- Great coffee, espresso, snacks and don’t worry–we’ve got plenty La Croix
- Work-from-Wherever-Wednesdays (Your couch in your PJ’s? By the pool? We got you.)
- Team outings, Beer Fridays, Breakfast Burrito Mondays, and everything in between
To apply for this, please fill out our Job Submission Form.
Expect to include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses, and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is for a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. No companies.