We’re currently looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our growing team.
Local in-house candidates are great, but we are also open to remote positions within North America.
Established in 2003, Sleepless Media is a boutique digital design agency based in Santa Cruz, California. With a heavy focus on customer experience, we specialize in brand strategy, web design, and development for outdoor/adventure, lifestyle, and technology brands on the Shopify and WordPress platforms.
About the Position:
As one of our full-time developers, you will be involved in key projects from start to finish and will work closely with our Creative Director, designers and project managers. You’ll Collaborate with our in-house team turning our beautifully designed websites and/or applications into pixel-perfect, responsive code with the opportunity to add insight and make an impact on our process.
Start date will be within 1-2 weeks once a candidate is selected.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with PHP and modern platforms such as WordPress and Shopify
- A firm understanding of SEO and ADA compliance standards
- Strong cross-browser testing skills
- Familiarity with design files and applications as it relates to development
- Proven experience with desktop/mobile/tablet development, and excellent samples to show your capabilities in this area
- A firm understanding of user experience/interaction design
- Strong understanding of developing for dynamic content and content management systems
- Backend Programming skills
- Experience working with a team in a design studio or design department of a company.
- Basic Design Skills
- Ecommerce knowledge and experience
Life at Sleepless:
- The rare opportunity to work right here in the heart of the Santa Cruz area.
- Walking distance to food, shopping, etc.
- Bike to the beach, if that’s your thing
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- 100% Paid health insurance benefits for salaried employees
- Retirement plan w/ employer match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and a week Christmas thru New Years off.
- Generous flexibility
- Great coffee, espresso, snacks and don’t worry–we’ve got plenty La Croix
- Work-from-Wherever-Wednesdays (Your couch in your PJ’s? By the pool? We got you.)
- Team outings, Beer Fridays, Breakfast Burrito Mondays, and everything in between
To apply for this, please fill out our Job Submission Form.
Expect to include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses, and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is for a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. No companies.