Sleepless Media is looking for sharp, professional Administrative Support Manager to join our team. Outside of general office administration duties, the right candidate will ideally act as our client-facing Support/Account Manager for incoming requests when it comes to client support, maintenance, small projects, etc.
Please note: This is an in-house position, we are not looking for an out-of-house contractor or remote staff member. We will be considering options for a full or part-time employee or a contract-basis to start.
Sleepless Media is a small but busy design agency based in Santa Cruz California that’s been in business since 2003. We’re not a start-up, we’re a well-established pillar in the area that is always evolving. We’re obsessed with thoughtfully crafting complete brand experiences anchored around custom, responsive websites. With a heavy focus on customer experience, we thrive on working with passionate clients who are excited about growing their businesses and realizing their brand’s true potential.
About the Position:
As our administrative client support powerhouse, the ideal candidate would be based in the Santa Cruz area and be involved in a variety of much-needed tasks. This person should be comfortable working as a part of a small team that collaboratively handles strategy, design, development and more.
Working closely with our Creative Director, designers, developer and project manager, you’ll also directly collaborate and support our clients. Whether it’s answering calls, greeting clients, correspondence for ongoing maintenance or providing estimates, you need to be a people person. Period. If smiles only adorn your face once in a while, this job most definitely isn’t for you. Verbal and written client communications in a swift, professional and unstuffy manner is absolutely critical.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualities:
- An explicit eye for detail and an obsessive mindset for organizing, scheduling and consistently executing. You have to love that stuff.
- Impeccable memory and skill retention, regularly learning new skills and techniques relating to the field.
- Excellent communication, note taking, and typing skills.
- Setting and reinforcing both internal and external expectations, assisting in both our clients and our team happy and accountable.
- Possibly helping with daily/weekly/monthly tabs on budgets, timelines, and client needs.
- Assistance with accounts receivable, issuing invoices, etc.
- Answering phones without fail and fielding pre-sales calls.
- Ability to make, or learn to make, strong coffee for every meeting.
- Keeping our office stocked, organized and tidy.
- The ability to independently complete projects without direction when required, and work efficiently.
- The drive to regularly look for creative ways to be more efficient and to improve communication to benefit our clients, the projects and the team.
- Experience or willingness to learn internal project management systems, onboarding projects and using the tools and data to evaluate and generate reports.
- Assistance with scoping, estimating, administrating and orchestrating client requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- A basic understanding of SEO with motivation to become well-versed.
- Scheduling and monitoring regular client meetings.
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date on the latest trends, methods, and tools in web design and regularly consume blogs, books and articles related to managing projects of this nature. Yes, even on your own time.
- Ability to train clients on administration panels.
- You are excited to collaborate and experiment with new ideas and approaches to unique challenges.
- Good judgment and the ability to face difficult conversations head-on.
- A keen knack for making things happen.
- You are always looking for ways to impress your team and take things to the next level.
- Design, development or programming knowledge or background.
- A basic understanding of user experience/interaction design.
- Ability to research and draft up blog articles and/or social content.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch.app, etc.
- Experience working with a team in a fast-paced design studio or design department of a company.
- Social Media Expertise.
- You’re a fan of good coffee, good food and working with small businesses that are striving to do something great.
- Appreciation for working in the Santa Cruz area, in a great space with an awesome team.
- A thick skin and a good sense of humor, we like to joke around and don’t want to walk on eggshells.
- Work in the heart of Santa Cruz, with convenient distance to food, shopping, and the beach.
- Full Health Benefits for full-time employees.
- Generous time off and flexibility, including paid holidays.
- End of year paid week’s vacation, with additional paid vacation weeks after one year of employment.
- Retirement plan options + contributions after one year.
- Up to 40 hours per week. We work 9ish to 6ish, with regular ol’ 8 hour days, with the goal of getting off early on Friday’s as we wrap up the week.
- We work reasonable hours and strive for a work/life balance. Yeah, we’ll want to meet our deadlines, but we’ll all get out of the office by 6 pm and never work on weekends. Want to go back east to see Mom for a week? We have your back.
- Beer Fridays and staff lunches, whenever we can find the time and things, are going well.
- Some of the best coffee in town and a clean, well-stocked office that rarely smells like some weird old food someone made yesterday.
- No one in the office will refer to you as “bro” unless maybe they are joking.
- All Mac office, yours will be sweet.
- Good ol’ sit-down desks and comfortable chairs, like your dad was accustomed to.
- Free parking, right in front of the office. Absolutely zero possibility of getting a ticket or not finding parking.
- Pet free zone – no dander, hair or barking. (We love dogs, but yeah, not here.)
- Other inside jokes would go here, but we don’t want to worry about folks without a sense of humor.
- You’ll laugh. A lot.
To apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com and include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Links or attachments with any examples you may have related to past employment and your contribution.
- Your current pay expectations.
- Your salary history.
- At least 3 references.
- When you would be able to start.
- The amount of hours per week you would be available and any flexibility you may have in getting started.
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months.
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. No companies.