We’ve got loads of work and we could use some extra hands! So, we’re looking for a passionate design intern to join our team.
Please note: This is an in-house design position, we are not looking for a developer, out of house contractor, or remote staff member of any kind.
About the Position:
In this role, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience working in a fast-paced creative agency. You’d be supporting our lead designers in multiple projects from start to finish, working with our project managers and developers to ensure the best results possible. You’ll collaborate with our team and our clients throughout the planning, research and brainstorm process. You’ll have the opportunity to work on website design mock-ups, wireframes, logos, print work and day to day operations. We are looking to fill the position within 1-2 months.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- You are a designer, first and foremost. (Graphics, Visual, UI, Web, Branding)
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to self-manage and prioritize using sound judgment.
- Familiarity and/or genuine commitment to learn Sketch.app
- Experience in Adobe CC, most specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- You have examples of work you have done to show your capabilities in this area.
- A basic understanding of user experience/interaction design
- A basic understanding of designing for dynamic content and content management systems.
- Emphasis on detail, organization, and consistency.
- Impeccable memory and skill retention, regularly learning new skills and techniques relating to the field.
- Excellent communication and typing skills.
- Experience working in a design studio or design department of a company.
- Illustrations, Logo Design, Print Design and Branding Design skills.
- Knowledge on e-commerce (Shopify a big plus), internet marketing, strategy and SEO.
- You’re a fan of good coffee, good food and working with small businesses that are striving to do great work.
- Appreciation for working in the Santa Cruz area, in a great space with an awesome team.
- Convenient location in the heart of Santa Cruz, within a short distance to food, shopping and the beach.
- Flexible Hours
- Generous time off including all major holidays.
- We work reasonable hours. Yeah, we’ll want to meet our deadlines, but we’ll all get out of the office by 6 pm and never work on weekends.
To apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com and include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including web site addresses and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Amount of hours per week you would be available
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is for a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. No companies.