Sleepless Media is looking for a passionate, Front-End Web Developer to join our growing team.
Please note: This is an in-house position, we are not looking for an out of house contractor, or remote staff member.
About the Position:
As one of our full-time developers, you will be involved in key projects from start to finish and will work closely with our Creative Director, designers and project managers. You’ll collaborate closely with our team turning our beautifully designed websites and/or applications into pixel-perfect, responsive code. By working closely with our in-house team, you’ll have the opportunity to add insight and make an impact on our process.
Start date will be within 2-4 weeks once a candidate is selected.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- Experience with PHP, WordPress, Shopify.
- Strong understanding of SEO standards.
- Strong cross-browser testing skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to self-manage.
- Familiarity or commitment to learn Sketch (Sketch.app by Bohemian Coding).
- Experience working with Adobe CC files, most specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proven experience with desktop/mobile/tablet development, and excellent samples to show your capabilities in this area.
- A firm understanding of user experience/interaction design.
- You are confident in presenting your work to the team and the client and can clearly communicate and defend your development decisions.
- Strong understanding of developing for dynamic content and content management systems.
- Emphasis on detail, organization, and consistency.
- You can independently complete projects without direction, and work efficiently to stay within budgets.
- Up to date on the latest trends, methods, and tools in web design and regularly consume blogs, books and articles related to your expertise.
- Impeccable memory and skill retention, regularly learning new skills and techniques relating to the field.
- You are excited to collaborate and experiment with new ideas and approaches to unique challenges.
- You are always looking to take the next project to the next level.
- Excellent communication and typing skills.
- Backend Programming skills
- Experience with Sketch.app
- Experience working with a team in a design studio or design department of a company.
- Basic Design Skills
- E-commerce knowledge and experience
- Work in a convenient Santa Cruz area office location, within walking distance to food, shopping, and all that good stuff.
- Bike to the beach, if that’s your thing.
- Competitive pay, depending on experience.
- Paid health insurance benefits for full-time employees.
- Retirement plan w/ contribution matching.
- Up to 40 hours per week.
- Flexible work hours depending on workload.
- Great coffee, espresso, and other tasty beverages.
- Generous time off and flexibility, including all major holidays.
- We work reasonable hours. Yeah, we’ll want to meet our deadlines, but we’ll all get out of the office by 6 pm and never work on weekends.
To apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com and include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Amount of hours per week you would be available (we are looking for full time but are also open to part-time)
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is for a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. No companies.