Please note: This is an in-house position, we are not looking for an out of house contractor, or remote staff member.
About the Position:
As one of our developers, you will be involved in key projects from start to finish and will work closely with our Creative Director, designers and project managers. You’ll collaborate closely with our team turning our beautifully designed websites and/or applications into pixel-perfect, responsive code. By working closely with our in-house team, you’ll have the opportunity to add insight and make an impact on our process.
Start date will be between 1 month.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- Experience with PHP, WordPress, Shopify.
- Strong understanding of SEO standards.
- Strong cross-browser testing skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to self-manage.
- Familiarity or commitment to learn Sketch (Sketch.app by Bohemian Coding).
- Experience working with Adobe CC files, most specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proven experience with desktop/mobile/tablet development, and excellent samples to show your capabilities in this area.
- A firm understanding of user experience/interaction design.
- You are confident presenting your work to the team and the client and can clearly communicate and defend your development decisions.
- Strong understanding of developing for dynamic content and content management systems.
- You place an emphasis on detail, organization, and consistency.
- You can independently complete projects without direction, and work efficiently to stay within budgets.
- You are up to date on the latest trends, methods, and tools in web design and regularly consume blogs, books and articles related to your expertise.
- Impeccable memory and skill retention, regularly learning new skills and techniques relating to the field.
- You are excited to collaborate and experiment with new ideas and approaches to unique challenges.
- You are always looking to take the next project to the next level.
- Excellent communication and typing skills.
- Backend Programming skills
- Experience with Sketch.app
- Experience working with a team in a design studio or design department of a company.
- Basic Design Skills
- Knowledge on e-commerce
- You’re a fan of good coffee, good food and working with small businesses that are striving to put together the best projects they can.
- Appreciation for working in the Santa Cruz area, in a great space with an awesome team.
- Work in a convenient Santa Cruz area office location, within walking distance to food, shopping and all that good stuff.
- Bike to the beach, if that’s your thing.
- Competitive pay, depending on experience.
- Health & Dental insurance benefits for full-time employees.
- Retirement plan w/ contributions after 1 year.
- Up to 40 hours per week.
- We take off early on Fridays when we can.
- Some of the best coffee in town and other tasty beverages.
- Generous time off and flexibility, including all major holidays.
- We work reasonable hours. Yeah, we’ll want to meet our deadlines, but we’ll all get out of the office by 6 pm and never work on weekends.
To apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com and include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Amount of hours per week you would be available (we are currently considering both part-time and full-time)
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is for a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. No companies.