While we aren’t currently hiring for this position, we’re always looking to connect with Visual Designers to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate would be experienced at an advanced level, with samples of previous work that is similar to that in our portfolio. We encourage you to apply for the position as we keep all resumes on hand for when something opens up.
Local in-house candidates are great, but we are a semi-distributed team and are also open to remote positions within North America.
Established in 2003, Sleepless Media is a boutique digital design agency based in Santa Cruz, California. With a heavy focus on customer experience, we specialize in branding, web design, and development for outdoor/adventure, lifestyle, and technology brands on the Shopify and WordPress platforms.
About the Position
As one of our full-time designers, you will be involved in and/or own key projects from start to finish. Your design work will consist of designing elegant, innovative solutions whether it’s defining a beautiful UI/UX for a pixel-perfect website, illustrating a detailed icon set, or designing logo concepts for comprehensive branding projects. You’ll have the opportunity to grow with us, add insight, and make an impact on our ever-evolving processes.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- Thorough experience in designing user-interfaces for responsive e-commerce and marketing websites. You should be prepared to show work in your portfolio that is similar to that in ours.
- Versatile branding and general graphic design skills
- The ability to work iteratively developing user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to help define the experience with your team
- Expert proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Confidence in presenting your work to the team and the client, clearly communicating and defending your design decisions
- Strong understanding of designing for dynamic content and content management systems
- An emphasis on detail, organization, and consistency with an eagle eye for QA
- Experience working in a design studio or design department of a company
- Art Direction, photography, and/or writing skills as it relates to your work
- Knowledge of e-commerce (Shopify a big plus), internet marketing, strategy, and SEO.
Life at Sleepless:
- The rare opportunity to work right here in the heart of the Santa Cruz area with some of the best clients around
- Walking distance to food, shopping, etc.
- Bike to the beach, if that’s your thing
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- 100% Paid health insurance benefits for salaried employees
- Retirement plan w/ employer match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and long break from Christmas through New Years
- Generous flexibility
- Great coffee, espresso, snacks and don’t worry–we’ve got plenty La Croix
- Work-from-Wherever-Wednesdays (Your couch in your PJ’s? By the pool? We got you)
- Team outings, Beer Fridays, Breakfast Burrito Mondays, and everything in between
- For more information on working with us, perks and benefits, visit our careers page.
To apply for this, please fill out our Job Submission Form.
Please include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses, and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.