We’re currently looking for an Ecommerce Strategist to join our growing team.
We’re now a fully distributed team, and this position will be 100% remote.
Established in 2003, Sleepless Media is a boutique digital design agency originating from Santa Cruz, California. With a heavy focus on customer experience, we specialize in brand strategy, web design, and development for outdoor/adventure, food/beverage, and technology brands, primarily on the Shopify platform.
About the Position:
As our Ecommerce Strategist, you will be involved in key projects from start to finish and will work closely with our Creative Director, designers, and project managers. You’ll Collaborate with our in-house team, ensuring our clients get the most out of our services.
The start date will be within 2-4 weeks once a candidate is selected.
- Consult directly with clients to help them meet their business objectives through both marketing and content efforts, including marketing strategies and plans.
- Establish, implement, and optimize online and offline marketing strategies for Sleepless Media and clients.
- Creation of strategic audits of client organizations and identification of opportunities that will impact and move the needle for those clients.
- A/B Testing, conversion rate optimization, speed optimization, and increasing AOV.
- Develop and measure key strategic metrics, leveraging data and analytics to drive insights, creating reports for our clients that are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Contribute content to company publications and presentations, including sales presentations, as needed.
- Support and assist with the Sleepless Media marketing department’s planning, calendar, budget, and tasks.
- Work collaboratively with our User Experience, Project Management, Development, and Design teams, and any outside consultants as marketing efforts are put into production.
- Comprehensive audits of design mock-ups and coded websites.
- QA reviews
- Represent Sleepless Media at industry conferences and events, either as a speaker or attendee.
- Review and improve existing internal systems and processes.
- Provide sales support, including assistance with RFPs and proposal drafts and attendance at sales meetings (as needed).
- Other tasks, if necessary, to make you and the company more successful.
- 3+ Years of professional experience managing strategic marketing efforts for e-commerce websites.
- Extensive knowledge of A/B testing, CRO, AOV, and best e-commerce UX practices.
- Significant knowledge of current industry standards, including those applicable to digital marketing, content strategy, and user experience design.
- Significant experience gathering and using marketing data, such as keyword research, industry reports, competitive analysis, and Google Analytics data, to establish and implement online and offline strategies, improve user experience, and measurably improve marketing effectiveness.
- Significant experience creating and presenting content deliverables, including marketing plans, content plans, and analytics reporting.
- Proficient level experience with Google Analytics, including goal creation and custom report development. Certification in Google Analytics is preferred but not required.
Life at Sleepless:
- Work remotely with a San Francisco Bay Area-based company with an exciting roster of clients
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Get your own shiny Mac or PC and whatever else you need to do a great job
- 100% paid health insurance benefits for salaried employees
- Retirement plan w/ employer match
- 2-Weeks paid vacation to start, paid holidays, and Christmas through New Year’s off.
- Generous flexibility
- Team retreat once a year
- Get something good delivered to your doorstep on the first Friday of every month to accompany a team “#beerfriday” for some fun and games.
- Significant experience integrating best practices into websites using common SEO and SEM tools such as SEMrush.
To apply for this, please fill out our Job Submission Form.
Expect to include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least three references
- When you would be able to start
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is a full-time, remote employee position. No outsourcing. No companies.